Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Prep

Yay!

I am so excited about Christmas this year. Over half of my Christmas shopping is done and wrapped ( yes, I am that excited). I know people always say things like Christmas is so commercial no one thinks of the Saviour, but if you love giving gifts like I do, then you understand how Christmas can be the one time of the year when you really think about how much you love the people in your life and how a certain gift can show that love to them. So therefore I think "commercial" Christmas can be connected to the Saviour.

This week is my work holiday party, hotel rooms have been booked and rides have been arranged, because most people plan to get wasted. I am part of the United Way Committee and we are having a silent auction, so I will have to be there earlier and later than I would like, but it would be a good opportunity to tell people why I don't drink, if they are sober enough to listen.
Anyway, I was able to find a nice dress to wear, so I am excited about that.

Cute Baby

We were able to go see the new addition to the Sefcik family, little Lincoln Wade. He is soooo cute, I've never held a newborn baby before, he is so little and completely melted my heart. I can't believe only a few days ago he was in Heavenly Father's presence. Its such a wonderful thing. Cody wouldn't hold him, he was freaked out. I can't wait to have kids!

Well I don't have much to say except an early Merry Christmas. I will continue posting and let you all now how the Christmas party went.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Hey what are your plans for christmas? Would you like to come out and stay with us? Gramma will be here. We are baptising Kezia on Dec 20th. Come if you can. We'd love that.