Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello From Edmonton!

Okay, its been a long time, but I am dedicating my evening to updating my blog.
Not much has happened since my last entry except that I now work at this horrid
place and I am done my degree. So I will break things down into catergories as
usually.

Work

I work at a place called West Canadian Industries. I don't like it at all, there are so many things I can say about it and how horrible it is. I really want to quit, but I can't until Cody gets his lay-off and who knows when that may be. I've been researching career options that go with my degree and there are some I am sort of interested in. Currently I am interested in becoming a libarian. Don't be shocked it is actually a good profession to get into and would love the oppurtunity to encourage people to read MORE than 5 books a year. Also I would love to help people find good books to read, help them with research, develop programs that assist illiterate people and so forth. Books have always provided me comfort, I read in the morning on the bus, on my breaks at work, before I go to bed and whenever else I can. So far that is what I am pretty interested in and in edmonton, if you have a degree, you can apply to be a part-time libarian starting at $23/hr and then after working part-time for a while you can apply for a full time position. It sounds pretty sweet to me.

Dachsund, Yorkie or Italian Greyhound

We really want a puppy, so we have been doing thorough research on what kind we want.
Our apartment only allows certian breeds of dogs so we don't have much of a selections. I really really want a mini Dachsund, but apparently they are too yappy, but there is someone in my apartment complex that has a two mini Dachsunds, so there maybe some sort of exception to the rule. If not a Dachsund, I would like a toy Yorkie, they are allowed and they're adorable, but Cody is afraid he will sit on it and kill it and that it won't be able to play and go on walks. I don't really care if it does all those things, I'll just style its hair and dress it up. Cody wants an Italian greyhound. Not the most attractive dogs and they lack cuteness, but Cody loves them and they are allowed. So we are at complete opposite ends when it comes to puppy selection. Hopefully we make a decesion soon, so we can have a furry little companion. (By the way everyone should convince Cody that Yorkies are the best dogs to get).

Christmas
Yes, I am thinking about Christmas again and everyone thinks I am crazy. I decided to start on presents because I really do not want the hassle when Christmas time comes around. Seriously, I want to have my cards and gifts ready to fo by the last week of November, so that when Christmas draws closer, I can just sit back and relax and eat bonbons, what old movies...and not have to say, ``I still need to get one more thing for so and so...`` Also if something is on sale now, I rather get it and store it away in case it doesn`t go on sale again. Plus, I just love Christmas
and I enjoy antcipating its arrival early in the year, as weird as that may sound.

Cody Dearests Birthday

Cody turned twenty five this month, and he still acts like he is 65. I got him an Ipod Touch for his birthday despite his frequent criticism of the Ipod fad and he now he never goes anywhere without it. So basically if Cody says he doesn`t want something and that its stupid and he`d never waste his money on it, he really really wants it. I took him out for dinner to a Greek resturant, which was absolutely delicious and then I made him CakePops. (I learnt how to make CakePops at an RS activity). We also went to the Sefciks for dinner as well, to celebrate his birthday. Here are pics of Cody and his CakePops












PICS
Here are some pics of my apartment, I only have pics of the dining room and the living room
but I will post more later.



Okay So that is all for now, Please ignore the spelling and Grammar. Hopefully the next time I post I will have a puppy!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Great post.. I like how you have rearranged your living room.
Cute idea on the cake pops..wouldn't mind if you taught me how to make those.
Puppies???? ahhhh don't do it. much to much trouble and commitment. Only my opinion.
We miss you. Come see us soon. Luv ya

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I always wanted to be a librarian and there is nothing better than a good book. Go for it. You have a beautiful apartment. We need to get up and see all the family up north sometime this summer.

Humphreys Family said...

What a cute apartment. I always thought being a librarian would be a great job. Love the cake pop idea. And puppies...... they are 1000 times more work and hassle than you would ever imagine. (i still like ours, but he sure ties us down). When I was little we had a dacshound (i can't spell it tho)and she didn't bark at all - i loved her. Ever since then, we've had BIG dogs... (Doberman, Golden Retreiver, and now a Black Lab). I like big dogs - you don't trip on them the same way, and you can pet them without bending over all the time. haha. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Mimi! I hope you get a Yorkie! They are so adorable, I want one! I will live vicariously through you and just buy your puppy cute things to wear :) You buy my kids clothes, I buy your puppy clothes. lol
P.S I love your apartment, it is so cute!

Barb said...

So glad to see your post. The place looks great. I had thought of being a librarian as well. I love books!
Puppies/Dogs are a lot of work but they can bring joy to your home. I have seen some pretty yappy Yorkies. An Italian Greyhound is going to need a warm coat for the winter. Who gets to walk him during the blizzard?

Ginamarie said...

I love how clean and tidy your apartment looks - I remember those days - I think a puppy is a great idea and you made me laugh out loud when you said Cody acts like he is 65 - unless he is around the boys and then he is about 12 again...Love you guys