Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brrrrr!

Frozen!

People continually warned me about the nightmarish Alberta Winters and yesterday, I finally experienced what they were talking about. Man it was cold. The temperature yesterday was -26 feels like -40. Today it was about the same.

We had people over yesterday so I had to go to the store to get some things. The supermarket is only two streets down from our home, so I bundled up in the best winter gear I could find. I was fine all over except my face. I really thought my brain was freezing. On my way back I was in so much pain I thought I would collapse. I decided to make it to the corner nearest to our home so that if I did collapse Cody would spot me sooner, when he came looking for me. I did make it home, but I learned a valuable lesson: In Alberta don't go outside in -26 weather.

This morning was a disaster as well. Our windows are frozen shut and our little Neon was frozen solid, so we ended up missing sacrament this morning. I only had one pair of stockings and my skinny husband had a good laugh watching me squeeze into them as they are two sizes too small.

( by the way I have done all I can to make the boy add weight but he keeps losing, he's lost 15lbs since July!) If any of you have suggestions on how to fatten him up about, please let me know.

I took pics of our window so here they are:

So that is what our windows look like. Our apartment is not cold which is good.

Christmas Party:

Yesterday we had two couples from our ward who teach in the primary as well, over for snacks and games and it went really well. They are really nice and I can see hanging out with them again. Cody was not so interested in the one guy and that is because, not a word of a lie, he looks like Cody and acts like him. If you know Cody, he needs to be the guy with the smartest opinion so having competition upset him a little. He'll get over it. I really like the couple so I hope he gets over it soon so we can do more things with them.

Well, that's all for now. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Finally, Cody has met his match! Two Codys in the world, what will we do?

Stay warm!!!!!

Ginamarie said...

Yikes! your windows! I just tell myself - only three more months - I can make it three more months.... As for fattening Cody up I think you should come over for dinner more often - I seemed to be able to fatten Rich up pretty good...

ISAAC said...

yup you did mommy but remember he lost wait