Thursday, February 19, 2009

Its been a long, long time



Excuses

Sorry for getting lazy at blogging, I have been meaning to blog really! This year has been
an odd one so far. I have been really sick three times already, twice with a sinus infection
and conjunctivitis
which I have never had before. I am also taking courses and working at
the same time. Its
been okay so far but I know it will get tough once finals come around.

Silly Hubby

My hubby took me to DQ for my birthday (I hate DQ and he knew that). We really want to move into a new apartment but can't afford it. We have car payments for the first time. Yes we got a fancy new car, and yes just as you thought I told my husband not to buy it cause it was too, expensive. Did he listen? Noooooo. Because of the car payments it puts of moving and having a baby : (. So I am upset about that. How on earth will I get him to listen to me?
For those of you who know Cody how do you make it known to him, that he is not the smartest person in the world? Its really frustrating but I have a plan. You know, the part in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, where they make the dad think its his idea to send Toula to work at the travel agency? I need that! I need someone who Cody will listen to, no matter what ( Greg Stuart, Alan Hemmi or Colin Slingsby) and tell them what I want and let them convince him that its the smartest idea in the world. So those of you in Guelph please help me form this plan.

About Christmas

Christmas was great, we had a fun visit with the Hatches and Humphreys. If there was a job for Cody in St.Paul I'd probably move there and have lots and lots of babies. I definitely over did Christmas, this year I think I rather save up and go to Ontario. New Years was interesting, we spent NYE with some couples from the ward and I found a knitting buddy she taught me how to knit rows and she'll teach me purling soon. She's a book buddy to, we exchange books that we really like and her husbands name is Cody. I am knitting a scarf for Lincoln, its not very good but because he is a boy and like four months old I don't think he'll mind as much. I have some pink yarn to knit a scarf for Gracie maybe I 'll be better when I get to hers. So throw out your scarves cause you are all getting new ugly ones for Christmas!

Job Insecurities

My company has been laying people off like crazy and I've been given the heads up that I am next, so I figure I have about 2-3weeks left I don't mind though, I would appreciate a change in jobs, I really want to work outdoors in the summer, you know, work on my tan. ( just kidding) I would mind working in a garden center, or a summer camp or Tim Hortons, cause they pay lots. We'll just have to see how it goes. As for Cody he was supposed to go out to site last month but they canceled that, so hopefully he gets the chance again soon.

Long Weekend

I was sick this past weekend but still did a fair bit. I did my favourite thing which is going to IKEA, I love IKEA. We had a pizza party, our romantic Valentine's meal was lunch at Boston Pizza (which I paid for, that's what I get for marrying cheap). I got my hubby a card. He got me a ...uh...what did he get me? Oh NOTHING! Then we made sushi in the evening.

I hope this makes up for my absence. Christmas Pics and other pics coming soon.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh Mimi, what to do with Cody. We were hoping you would figure that out since none of us have ever been able to change his mind once he has made it up.

Sheila said...

is it time for a butt whooping???? Let me at him.
I'm all for you getting to have lots and lots of babies, and the part about living out here too. Be patient though. They think they know everything but you will find a way to work his mind in your direction. Love you lots.SHEILA